It is really incredible that a deficiency of only one nutrient can have an immense impact on our health.
The standard diet of Americans has gone to a drastic change over the last decades and it has caused health problems that were unknown before. A lot of people have poor health nowadays because of chronic deficiency of some nutrients.
Magnesium is one of the nutrients that is most commonly deficient. Our bodies rely on magnesium for a number of important processes, and unfortunately, it is really difficult to get magnesium from food sources.
What Makes it so Hard to Get a Sufficient Amount of Magnesium?
It was really easy to get magnesium in the past since the food people ate back then was rich in magnesium because the soil was rich in magnesium as well. However, due to modern farming practice and erosion there is not much magnesium left in the soil.
Magnesium can be found in foods such as beans, seeds, nuts, mackerel, and dark leafy greens. You can also find magnesium in a form of a supplement.
These 32 symptoms are a sign of magnesium deficiency:
- Memory loss
- Potassium deficiency. It can cause irritability, fluid retention and extreme thirst.
- Muscle cramps
- Heart problems
- Blood clots
- Difficulty when swallowing
- Calcium deficiency
- High blood pressure
- Kidney and liver disease
- Bowel disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Fertility or child bearing issues
- Respiratory difficulties
- Personality changes. Symptoms of depression, anxiety and similar mood disorders.
- Raynaud’s syndrome. It can cause cold toes or fingers and skin color changes due to changes in temperature and numbness in extremities.
- Tooth decay
Fix the Problem with Magnesium Deficiency Now
Not getting enough magnesium every day is a big mistake. Our bodies use this mineral for over read more